Whenever an iPod user encounters a problem, the first thing he attempts, in order to resolve the problem, is to restore the iPod. Sometimes during the restoration process, one encounters errors that create obstruction and do not allow successful restoration of the iPod. If a user already has a back-up of the iPod data, compensating the data loss is easy. However, if there is no backup of the iPod data, the best option left is to use an iPod Recovery Software to recover the lost or deleted data. While restoring the iPod data after any problem has occurred, you may receive the following error message:
‘An unknown error has occurred 1413’
The above error message indicates that the iPod could not be restored or updated (as the case may be) properly.
Find Out More Info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKqQTPdnPX8
This error message is most commonly seen while trying to update or restore the iPod using iTunes 7 or and later versions. In Windows, this problem often occurs because of the presence of any anti-spyware. These software do not allow iTunes to install properly and thus result in the above error message.
To resolve the problem, de-activate the anti-spyware and then reinstall iTunes onto the system. Once you have reinstalled iTunes, restore or update the iPod by following the restoration steps. If the problem is not resolved by the above attempt, try the steps given below:
- Exit iTunes.
- Open Windows Explorer and search for ‘C:Program FilesiTunes’ (the iPodUpdaterExt.dll file).
- Run ‘cmd’ using the ‘Run’ option from the start menu.
- When the command prompt opens, type regsvr32 followed by the path to the.dll file for example, regsvr32 “c:Program FilesiTunesiPodUpdaterExt.dll” where ‘c:Program FilesiTunesiPodUpdaterExt.dll’ is the path of the.dll file.
- After you press Enter, a window will appear which reads: ‘DllRegisterServer in c:Program FilesiTunesiPodUpdaterExt.dll succeeded.’
- Close the window.
- Re-open iTunes and restore the iPod.
The above procedure may help you restore the iPod but not its data. You can recover all the deleted iPod data using an iPod Recovery Software. The software can also recover data lost due to formatting or restoring of the iPod. The software scans the iPod hard disk to Recover iPod data. One must select the software carefully since many gimmicks damage the data during the recovery process.
Stellar Phoenix iPod Recovery is one such trustworthy iPod Recovery Software which retrieves all kinds of iPod data. The tool supports various formats, such as MP3, M4A, AVI, MOV, etc. The software has an easy-to-use interface so you do not require any prior technical knowledge to recover lost iPod data.