File corruption is a very common problem with almost all types of files, including the JPEG and JPG files. When corruption takes place your files become inaccessible and you run across severe data loss situations.
Nevertheless of the cause of JPEG and JPG file corruption, you have to fix it using appropriate JPEG repair solutions to get valuable images back to life.
JPEG file corruption may take place due to a wide range of reasons and it makes the file inaccessible.
The most frequent reasons of the JPEG and JPG file corruption are as listed below:
– Broken or corrupted header of the JPEG file.
– Viruses or malwares has infected the file or storage media.
– The storage media, such as hard drive, memory card etc., has bad sectors.
– The Master Boot Table or Master Boot Record of your Windows machine is damaged.
– The scan of the JPEG file was not complete or you have improper edited the structure or encoding of the image.
When you face JPEG or JPG file corruption due to any of the following reasons, you need to repair JPEG file using suitable applications to make them accessible.
In order to extract or access a corrupted JPEG file, you can opt for any of the following steps:
– Scan your disk using an updated Anti-virus application and check if it helps.
– If your hard drive has bad sectors, then you need to use CHKDSK utility to fix the affected disk.
– Restore or repair Microsoft Windows operating system, if corrupted Master Boot Record or Master Boot Table are causing the problem.
– In case JPEG or JPG files are damaged, then you need to restore the most recent copy of the image from an updated backup.
– If you do not have a valid or updated backup, then you can try opening the file in different picture viewer and can try to save it as different name and format.
If none of the above methods help you perform JPG repair, then you have to opt for a commercial recovery application. Such tools are capable of effectively handling all corruption scenarios.
Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair is the most efficient utility to repair and restore damaged JPEG and JPG files. It is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, 2008 Server, Vista, and XP. The application uses high-end scanning techniques to ensure absolute recovery of damaged JPEG/JPG files from hard drive, USB drives, memory cards, and flash cards.